Saturday, January 13, 2007

2007

I don't use to open seasonal posts and neither is it with this one. And if I ever did, the new year would be the only possible subject to refer to (Except if I had a good reason to write peculiar thoughts about xmas, eastern or anything else at the period speaking). And it still has to be personal. The new year's eve is probably my favorite celebration and the one that makes more sense to me because it's the time when I am doing resolutions for the future. Wow, a new year! A new life?

Or maybe I am such an egoist that I always like to write (and talk) about myself. So do they tell me (Such "egoists" they are to dare to put the hard critics on me ;P). Ok, ok, ok,. forget these stuff. I just have mood for writting whatever comes in mind! (and leaning out of subject ;)

So, this post received the labels 'personal' and 'hope' (I finally managed to get a google account. Gotta love those new labelz! =), so that you know what it is all about. It's so interesting to me to write my hopes for 2007 and I guess rather boring to you. I said I am such an egoist, that I think everybody really wants to hear my story like hell!!! (I must add the 'self sarcasm' label too, oneday ;PP)

To let it finally start, I had one of the greatest times in new year's eve, drinking like hell with my friend AkumaX while watching demos in full darkness and maximum volume as we were laying on the floor or dancing like crazy to the electronic music of the demos (Fuckiest moments of the demo-party (as my friend likes to call it because it combines demos and drinks at the same moment, hahaha ;))) were watching Chaos Theory under such conditions. Psychedelic!)

During the next morning I was wasted. And I didn't went through the usual celebration we used to have each time with some family friends, where they split the vasilopita (new year cake?) to the people there (but they did remembered to do the same for the missing persons too (me and my brother)). And so, after being so wasted and happy, after going home and giving my wishes to the other members of the family, my mother told me what I already knew. The fact that 2007 will be a lucky year for me. But I already know that mom! ;)

Oh yes, I won, I won, I won!!! It's the first time I dig the friggin coin in my piece of cake (excluding some random year when I cheated after my brother planned to cheat and he got very angry with that ;P). But I didn't need to get that information about my lucky year, though it's a promising coincidence that gives me a hope the multiverse is with me. And even if it doesn't, I'll still believe in it because it encircles everything and so it's quite open minded for my liking. Oh gosh, enough with that thing, it is for another future wild post, returning to the subject again..

..maybe only the last paragraph (This. Oh noes, it's not the last anymore! ;P) will try to stay brief and to the point. Ok, during 2006 several things have happened, like that I got my university diploma (after 8 years) or that I decided (fataly?) to go to the friggin army. And I even made some nice demos on the little gamepark handhelds with which I am quite sattisfied even if they still suck hard (That bloody perfectionism, that friggin humbleness of mine. And they call me an egoist when I can't believe in myself while others believe in me ;PPP). And in the year 2007, I am waiting for something big that might change my life or actually get me out of my prison.

Sometimes I get insecure about the future. The question is, what happens when I finish with the army. Will I be able to get a decent job and finally be independent? Will my life be finished because of a job I struggle with and don't like? Or, the ultimate insecurity of mine. Will I still be stuck and have to live with my parents for much longer? (No news, reports say my problem is the problem of several greek youngsters. They can't get a decent job and they are obliged to stay in their parent's which totally sucks. Should I be less worried because I found out I am not the only one?). It will be very sad to finish with the army and still not being able to support myself economically in order to be able to rent a home and make a nice living alone (even if I have to struggle with a sucky work atm, I don't care, I could sell my soul for getting this freedom). If not today then at my 30? (Oh btw, I am 27 now, my birthday is today (or actually yesterday, 12). I still wonder how did I grew so old ;PPP). And I was worrying because I wouldn't be in the best psychological condition to have the guts to get some good job and stuff. But I would eventually..

..and the big thing is that now this problem of mine is solved (Adding a little hope that it might actually work out well till I get out of the army).

My very good friend AkumaX has done what I wouldn't be able to do alone atm. Except from finishing a freaking amount of code for a game project he started a long time ago, he managed all the public relations and legal stuff for our new game company. Less than 5% of the code consists of some of my demoeffects (You know, plasmas, rotozoomers, blur, radial, bump, blob stars ;))) that makes the presentation look quite impressive (But in this one, the graphist did a marvelous job with a happy spacy theme for our little board game). My small brother has done the music and there are few more people in the team and a lot of support from his university in Edinbourgh and private investors who got hooked by the game that he presented there. If I wasn't in the army, most possibly I would travel to Edinbourg in February for developing and actually making a living there. My dream is close! And we are already working on our second title on an own idea that is quite algorithmical and blobby :). Maybe we will try to contact publisher for the first title after January. Time will tell..

When the site of our team is open I'll write more about it in a special post.

Working with my great friend AkumaX that I trust, my brother and other cool guys on stuff that we like. In a foreign country. Away from my parents, doing my own living. Such a dream! Far? I hope not..

That's my hopeful 2007 resolution. As long as I am still staying with my parents, my psychological condition gets worse, too much anxiety, too much arguing, too much "I have heared that before" = 'we say that we wish that you are economically independent, but we really want you to live with us but don't tell that to you, ugh!'. A vicious circle that keeps me in the same condition. A deus ex machina is what I need. And that is the thing that me and my friends have started. I'll support our little company with my code as much as I can. Maybe till I finish with the army (in 8th of August 2007), our titles get released and our profit grows a bit so that we can further support ourselves and I have a promising job and live waiting for me there in Edinbourgh. Bye bye mom, dad and Greece is all what I need to say..

..and then I am dreaming of the demoparties I can finally visit =)

p.s. I should watch teH Fut4r3 Kru for inspiration now. Guess in which photo I do appear doing what =)

1 comment:

vvas said...

You're always welcome in Edinburgh Opti. :^)

Locations of visitors to this page