Monday, March 06, 2006

Blogfever and uberinformation :P

Hopefully I only spend one day per week in average to read other people's blogs. Especially the ones in the greek blog-o-sphere (as they say there ;). It just happened that I read the blog of that famous greek writer (http://nikosdimou.blogspot.com/) who gets a vast amount of replies (in hundreds) again. I actually rarely try to read the replies because they are fuckin too much for my time. Though, today I started browsing the blogs of some of the users replying to his blog once again, to find out other interesting blogs and replies which led me to several other blogs, etc, etc. Too much data for me, just about everyone likes to rant today and usually there are several funny or interesting texts in well written greek that leads you to various new subjects, links and docs you wished you had the time to read,. yet another link, yet another blog. And then I was addicted! I read various random blogs, stayed to the ones which I found interesting or funny, linked to new users to check if I like their blog and continued browsing around without a point, a meaning..

Not that I don't check english written blogs (I check mostly the ones from people who replied in my messages till today), but it happened that I am mainly hooked to the greek blog-o-sphere for the moment. But then there is too much information and I should be coding now..

My head is aching but that's probably because of the lonely whiskey assisted night. Uberinformation reminds you of the several things, several books, several creations, several hobbies, several places, several plans, several dreams that you always wanted to do/read/publish/try out/visit/make real and again make real. Perhaps I could either live on what comes ahead or try to concentrate on the few good things inside the pile of garbage, or (3rd option) to make some more carefull plans on how to deal with my time so that I can try much more and newer stuff than with my current potentional. I'd like to try some other hobbies and read some books on new subjects, create stuff in other fields and scenes/communities, to try out random weird stuff I read in strange magazines or books or just came in my head, make some tests by living a totally diferrent life of an unknown self for one week, various random and interesting stuff I could live in my life, but I have tried hardly most of them. The demoscene is already pwning my life and yet it's an interesting social experiment and a creative world that could also be in this "to do but never start" list if it came 2nd beneath another hobby as 1st to occupy my activities.

So many blogs, so many worlds I'd like to explore. Old written thoughts by writers I never met, places I've never seen, alternative ways of life I never tried, our life is too short for trying everything. Should we only live the important things and put the rest to the garbage? But who the hell has the right to tell me what's to live and what's not? I'd just continue walking the road of life and let myself discover what comes along. (or is it just the road that follows my steps as I like to say? ;)

The days of the blog domination: Just about everyone wants to be an Optimus today! =)

p.s. I have a new blog, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC for my Amstrad CPC activities.
p.p.s. Maybe I'll open a third blog soon, written in greek language so that I can connect well to the greek blog-o-sphere.

3 comments:

Anula said...

ναι κανε ενα γκρικ μπλογκ για καλα τα αγγλικα αλλα και εγω η απταιστη εις αυτά ζαλιζομαι στην εσωτερικη μεταφραση

Optimus said...

Thanks για τα comments. Το ελληνικό blog το ξανασκέφτηκα αυτές τις μέρες και ανυπομονώ να το ανοίξω σύντομα. Σχεδόν έχω αποφασίσει για τίτλο και τι θα εμπεριέχει. Κατά 95% δεν θα περιέχει σκέψεις μου ούτε θα είναι χαβαλεδιάρικο. Μάλλον θα περιέχει νέα, εικόνες και java applets (that would look nifty :) σχετικά με το χόμπυ μου, realtime computer graphics programming, demoscene και άλλα. Ίσως όχι πολύ ενδιαφέρον για πολλούς..

Πάντως με προβληματίζει ότι και αυτό το blog μου με τις σκέψεις μου δεν έχει μια ελληνική μετάφραση. Επειδή μέχρι στιγμής έχω περισσότερη επαφή με ελληνικά blogs θα το προτιμούσα. Από την άλλη, αρκετά χρόνια πριν σε μια παλιά μου σελίδα στο internet είχα αποφασίσει να φτιάξω και ελληνική και αγγλική version. Στο τέλος όμως κατέληξα μόνο στην αγγλική γιατί δεν είχα χρόνο για να ασχοληθώ και με τις δύο. Τουλάχιστον με την αγγλική θα με διαβάζουν και πολλοί έλληνες και ξένοι επίσης. Έλα όμως που συντρηπτικά έχω επαφή με ελληνικά blogs μέχρι στιγμής..

Παρόλα αυτά το αποφάσισα, αυτό το blog θα το κρατίσω όπως είναι και θα ανοίξω το ελληνικό με άλλα θέματα. Έλα όμως που ξένοι φίλοι μου θα ήθελαν να διαβάσουν my computer news και δεν θα μπορούν..

Αρκετά οι προβληματισμοί, δεν μπορώ να τα έχω και όλα. Αναμένετε το ελληνικό blog συντόμως. (Ρε λες να ανοίξω και κανώ blog in deutsch? ;)

Optimus said...

Και το CTRL+SHIFT+ESC σκέφτομαι ώρες ώρες να το κλείσω. Αναφερόταν σε πολύ μικρό κοινό, ανοίχτηκε την εποχή που είχα πορωθεί με την Amstrad CPC scene (άλλη μανία μου αυτή να ασχολούμαι με "προπολεμικούς" υπολογιστές) αλλά μου φύγε η πόρωση. Για Amstrad μπορώ να μιλάω και στο ελληνικό αν είναι..

Locations of visitors to this page